Sunday, June 30, 2013

MY STORY ABOUT HEALING MY TEETH

by KimiHarris on February 15, 2013

I was at a typical dentist office getting my teeth cleaned and checked for cavities. I had a young infant at the time, and was dealing with some health issues for the first time. Months of infections caused by an overabundance of milk (which I didn’t realize for three whole months) had left me tired and weak, and a tad bit emotional. Those months were some of the hardest of my life, so when they announced that I had three cavities, I soon had tears running down my face to their amazement. Just so you know, I am someone who does not cry in front of other people, and this really was completely out of the ordinary for me.
I had never had a single cavity growing up, and when I first read Dr. Price’s book Nutrition and Physical Degeneration, I realized that a healthy mouth can be a good sign of a healthy body. I was pleased that I hadn’t had any tooth decay yet. But now, here I was, feeling worse then I ever had before as my body was recovering from my infections as well as adjusting to waking in the middle of the night to nurse. I didn’t feel very good, and now I had tooth decay?! My body was falling apart, so I thought.
As the stunned dentist looked down at my tear filled eyes to see what the problem was, I said, “It’s just I haven’t been feeling well lately, and I know that tooth decay is just another sign of ill health.” He looked at me like I was crazy, and started a monologue about how it wasn’t related to my overall health, and that I shouldn’t cry because I had amazing teeth and he had way more fillings then I had. As he talked, I looked into his mouth and realized that his mouth was full of silver fillings.
As he drilled and filled my three cavities (all fairly small), I felt that he was a good person to go to fill a cavity, but was he really the best one to go to heal my teeth? I went home and tried to ramp up my diet, and put my embarrassing tear-filled appointment out of my mind. A couple of years later, I realized that my teeth were becoming sensitive to sweets, something that hadn’t happened before. I poked my fingernail at the part of my tooth that felt sensitive, and was stunned to feel it fit neatly into a small hole. That little poke hurt, too! I think my nail must have hit a nerve, as my tooth started throbbing….badly. Worried, I examined my other teeth and found several other sensitive spots, and one more small hole that I could fit my fingernail into. I was horrified. My one tooth hurt so bad that it even made it hard to sleep that night. I was in trouble and I knew it. Cure Tooth Decay: Heal and Prevent Cavities with Nutrition had just come out recently, and I ordered it right away. My most sensitive tooth that I found had a hole right below my filled cavity from when I got my fillings. I knew that filling my cavity had only been a temporary fix, so I really wanted to see if I could reverse this recent trend of cavities.
Besides which, our insurance doesn’t cover dental, and I knew that it cost $200 dollars per tooth filling. We really didn’t have the money for that. With renewed determination, I started making my plan of action for preventing future decay.
At the time, I was eating well, in the sense of eating whole grains, soaked, sprouted or fermented, homemade chicken stock made into soups, grass-fed butter, and a very low sugar diet. I was, however on a dairy-free diet, as I had found out a year or two earlier (after the crying dentist appointment) that my body didn’t do well with dairy. By this time, my body had healed enough that it was no longer reacting to dairy. After reading about how well it helped heal teeth, I decided to throw caution to the wind and start drinking raw cow’s milk again. And, because I wanted to heal my teeth, I drank probably a quart a day. I would make yummy “egg nog” almost everyday, too, with one raw egg yolk, vanilla extract, and stevia in my whole milk. I also made sure to get my cod liver oil every day along with pastured butter, ghee, or butter oil. I took it in three small doses with each meal of the day. I didn’t take out grains, let alone gluten, but did keep my diet low in fruits and sugars. I continued to make homemade stock and soups, and made sure to get seafood about once a week too (like clams, mussels, or salmon).
Within a couple of weeks, my teeth no longer felt sensitive when eating something sweet, like dried fruit. On a trip across the country, my sweet sister-in-law even helped me find raw milk and cheese so that I could continue my eating protocol. At that point, I was saying aloud to my family and myself, “I am trying to prevent future decay,” but only quietly, “I am trying to heal my cavities.” With Ramiel’s book only newly out, and Dr. Price’s research done so long ago, I felt like it was almost too good to be true that I could actually heal any decay that had already happened. It seemed crazy and I hadn’t heard of anybody who had actually healed a cavity other than in Ramiel’s book.
I was encouraged by my improved teeth pain, and actually was feeling more energetic as well! But when I went to my naturopath at that time, he, while exclaiming over my glowing appearance, felt concerned about my teeth and felt that I should get them checked out. A family member pointed out that while my teeth pain could have been reversed because of healing them, they also could have had the pain go away because they decayed so badly that I no longer could feel anything in my nerves there. Both pointed out that if it got really bad, I could be facing worse dental problems, like a root canal. It was good advice to have my teeth checked out. My husband’s uncle is a dentist, and he graciously agreed to do my dental work for free, and we had a free plane ticket, so I flew across country. I was pretty convinced I still had cavities, just because I didn’t think that I could have healed them in the time frame I was on my teeth building protocol.
However, once he checked my teeth, he told me that I was completely cavity free. I was shocked. Believing that it was impossible to heal cavities so quickly, I came to the conclusion that I must have never even had cavities and was so embarrassed that I had flown across country to see him. Yet another embarrassing dentist appointment, I thought.
But in the years that have followed, I have read more and more accounts of people healing their cavities through a similar diet, like Heather’s story, and Sarah’s, among many others. Slowly it dawned on me that I really did have all of the symptoms of new cavities forming (from a hole that I could stick my fingernail into, to the bad pain that kept me awake at night, to the sensitivity to any sugar or dried fruit). Now I think it is more than likely that I had truly healed formed cavities in a short amount of time (probably around 2 months time).
So that is my story. I certainly cured my tooth pain and sensitivity, and I highly suspect that I had true healing of some cavities as well.
 (Disclaimer: Please research the topic of raw milk for yourself. I know that it is controversial and I understand the concern, even though it is rare to get sick from milk when farms use proper procedures. Also, I am not giving any medical or dental advice in this post, simply sharing my experience. :-) )
http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/2013/02/my-story-about-healing-my-teeth.html
ETHICAL DONATORS AND COMMUNITY MEMBERS REQUIRED, TO FILL THIS SPACE WITH YOUR POLITICAL SLOGANS, ADVERTISING OFFERS, WEBSITE DETAILS, CHARITY REQUESTS, LECTURE OPPORTUNITIES, EDUCATIONAL WORKSHOPS, SPIRITUALAND/OR HEALTH ENLIGHTENMENT COURSES.
AS AN IMPORTANT MEMBER OF THE GLOBAL INDEPENDENT MEDIA COMMUNITY,MIKIVERSE HEALTH HONOURABLY REQUESTS YOUR HELP TO KEEP YOUR NEWS,DIVERSE,AND FREE OF CORPORATE, GOVERNMENT SPIN AND CONTROL. FOR MORE INFO ON HOW YOU MAY ASSIST, PLEASE CONTACT: themikiverse@gmail.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment